Thursday, November 22, 2012

Eastside Culture Crawl 2012 re-cap


A quick little photo re-cap for you of the Eastside Culture Crawl, which I've spent the week recovering from.  It's always great to clean up the studio and get everything looking spiffy for people to see my work. I try to hide some of the distracting 'tools of the trade' for the day because it's a little less cluttered to view the work without buckets of glaze and slip hanging around.  I guess one of these days I'll have a studio open house where I'll actually do a demo and have my wheel or casting table exposed, but for the Crawl, there's so many people in and out of the studio that it's too hard to have it all going on in the same space. 
This year the Crawl felt quieter but perhaps the soggy weather kept everyone home and under covers.  All the same it was so lovely to say hello to many familiar faces and friends.  Truly grateful for this event, all the press I received this year, and the many compliments and encouraging words!

No comments: