Friday, December 2, 2011

So it's December... again


 I must be in the phase of life where time travels much faster then it ever used to.  Where a year goes by in the blink of an eye and here we are in December again.  Every year I feel like I'm on a freight train that starts out slowly but then picks up speed so that we are now barreling towards the holidays with what feels like a run-away train with no brakes to stop it.  Because as a potter, this is the only time of year I seem to actually turn a profit with what I make- where people actually come flocking to my booth, madly buying up my wares as gifts, and I can't seem to keep up with the demand for my work.  And all I want to do right now is get off the train and have this ride be over!

Well perhaps quite the opposite of the run-away train, we took the boys to the 'Polar Express' at the Train museum up in Squamish last weekend.  It's a pretty penny to go on a real, old-fashioned train, to drink hot chocolate and sing carols while listening to the story of the Polar Express over the intercom.  I think I'm so destination bound, that it was hard not to be disappointed that we didn't actually go anywhere- the train chugged along by the estuary to a loading bay and back to the station.  Of course, these types of things are never for the adults, they are always for the kids and seeing Santa and riding on a mini-train indoors while it poured rain outside was a lot of fun for the boys.  It's nice to have done something a little Christmassy around here, since my decorations don't come up at home until well after the One of a Kind Show (December 8-11). 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

So I totally hear you about the season! It can be crazy. As a 2-D artist, things aren't quite so frantic. LOVE the new office and LOVE the vase with the orange berries!

Tina said...

I wish you a successful Christmas, I am challenging my friends to buy local crafts and art works for Christmas gifts. Support culture!

selahV said...

Hi, what are those little light squiggles in the picture? do you do something to make them appear?