Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Putting it Together



Now that the house is back to normal, I took some time to display some of the lovely things that I've acquired and collected over the past little bit.  The first being Paige Russell's RVee- which I love!  A potential holder of all sorts of things.  Paige is pretty rad and agreed to do a trade with me just in time for Christmas.  I received a couple of her Muzo Collectibles and they looked v. cute indeed on our mantle with all our other decorations.  Paige continues to inspire me on her facebook page and blog.  She truly is a renaissance woman with all sorts of hidden talents! 
The little cat tile by Kevin Stafford I got at the Stoneware Gallery in Winnipeg a few years ago. I just re-discovered his work again after having lost the business card/artist statement that came with the tile when I bought it.  His tiles are like little paintings on clay in matt glazes.  So lovely! I think I'm going to have to pick up one of the fence tiles on my next trip to the Peg.
And my new planter with grey to pink geometric lines that's inspired by my architectural paintings.  I'm pretty excited to see where this series takes me this year.  As for planters- to make a hole or not make a hole for drainage. That is the question. Then I need a plate.  And the hole will definitely mess with my glazing...

No comments: