Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day

I snapped a few photos in the garden the other day and thought I'd put them up to remind myself to spend a little time gardening today on Canada Day.  The potatoes are coming up nicely, so is the zucchini, the tomatoes have absolutely gone nuts (my neighbour was asking me what kind of 'crack' my tomatoes are on, lol! It's sea soil actually...) and the strawberries obviously need a little more sun.  I have been sheltering the tomatoes- they've been on my half covered porch in pots and I'll pull them out when it's sunny, and keep them sheltered in the rain.  I have lots and lots of blooms but no little tomatoes yet, so I may need to act like a bee today and get a little paintbrush going from flower to flower to help that out.  (I may also need to find a section of my garden that has more bees in it and move them over there.)  We are off to see the parade; unfortunately the weather is once again gray and cool, but we'll try to meet up with our friends and make a morning out of it anyways!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Pinecone Camp said...

Your garden is looking great! My tomatoes are growing too, but not much else. Urrgh.
Hope you had a lovely Canada Day!