Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Great Wait

The last days of a pregnancy can feel like forever.  You want this baby that you've been carrying for 9 months to finally be held in your arms.  You want the unknown of the delivery to be over.  You don't want to have to wait any longer.  
My sister is in this 'waiting' period (she's 2 days overdue) right now and my own wait for both my boys (13 days overdue for Johnny, 4 for Sasha) feels fresh in my mind while I think about what she is feeling and going through.  There's the nervousness and a restlessness that everything will turn out alright, the worry that something might go wrong, the excitement about this new little life inside of you, the mystery about how it will all happen and the hope that comes with this life changing yours forever.  It's an amazing time.  We are off for a couple of days to provide a little distraction for her while she is waiting.  Perhaps we won't have to wait with her while we are there and we'll be lucky enough to be around for the birth of my new niece or nephew!
 
And when I get back I'm off to volunteer for the Canadian Clay Symposium that is happening this weekend!  There are some great presenters and workshops this year, so after I help out with registration in the morning, I'll have the afternoon to go to workshops and visit with ceramic instructors and peers from my old Emily Carr days.  I'll have pictures and hopefully some good photos for next week so stay tuned!

No comments: