Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love is in the air...



With Valentines day in 2 days I am trying to conjure up a romantic Valentine moment to share with you all.
It would have to be back when Dean and I were first married and living in this tiny little house in the middle of a field in Langley (1 Hr from Vancouver) for $450 a month. It was a sweet deal, but as it was, we were usually just scraping by, livin' on love. I came home from school (university folks, not high school) to find red rose petals strewn all over the kitchen floor all the way to the bedroom. I looked at Dean, dumb-founded and horrified, saying: "What happened to the roses? Did the cat do this?"; to which he said: "Isn't this romantic?"; at which I replied: "Is this going to stain the carpet?"
So to all the romantics and pragmatics out there: may you be smitten and heart-warmed over the next few days by the gestures of love that are bestowed upon you! Happy Valentines Day!
With love and warm wishes, h.

No comments: